Water is a vital necessity for all life forms. It covers over 70% of the surface of the entire planet, and can even be found under the surface of the earth! Water also has a powerful influence on the world economy since humans use water not only for consumption but also for agriculture, as a solvent, bathing, etc.
But what is Water? Dalton’s atomic theory states that all matter is made up of atoms. The atoms that form water are two hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom, giving water the chemical formula ‘H2O’. Here are 10 more Fun Facts about Water.
- Approximately 68.7% of all the fresh water available on the planet is trapped in glaciers.
- Water makes up 95% of the composition of Cucumbers and Jellyfish.
- Approximately 70% of the human brain is made of water.
- Upon freezing, water expands by about 9%.
- To manufacture 1 ton of steel, 300 tons of water is required.
- In some conditions, hot water can freeze faster than cold water.
- A swimming pool takes an average of 83,000 liters to fill.
- It is the most common substance on the planet since it covers over 70% of its surface.
- The inductive effect can be observed in water.
- Drinking too much water can prove fatal to humans.
To learn more about water, visit BYJU’S and subscribe to its YouTube channel.