Globalisation has led to tremendous growth in multinational business and employment opportunities. While many international companies are expanding their foot in India, many are seeking to hire talented Indian professionals abroad. Hence, knowledge of marketing, accounting, operations and other managerial fields is crucial for students looking for a career in international business. BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration) in International Business aims to impart knowledge on business administration on an international level. Find out more about the BBA course in International Business in detail.
What is BBA in International Business?
BBA (Bachelor in Business Administration) in International Business is a three-year undergraduate course. It focuses on business studies and cultural concepts related to international business and global best practices. The course helps students to gain knowledge about business fundamentals and international economic scenarios and prepares them for multi-national environments.
BBA International Business Key Details
Here are some key details about the BBA course in International Business:
- Full form: Bachelor in Business Administration in International Business
- Level: Undergraduate
- Course Duration: Three years
- Type of Exam: Semester
- Eligibility criteria: Candidates must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board with a minimum of 50% marks.
- Selection Process: Entrance Exam based/ Merit-based
- Average Course Fee: ₹50,000 – ₹5 lakhs
- Job Prospects: International Operations Manager, International Training Manager, International Human Resources Manager, Accountants Executive, etc.
- Average BBA in International Business Salary: ₹3 lakhs – ₹10 lakhs per annum
Benefits of Pursuing BBA in International Business
BBA in International Business is a lucrative career option that provides various opportunities in the field of international business. Here are some benefits of pursuing the course:
- Lucrative salaries: BBA graduates are recruited by companies in private and government sectors at high salary packages, which may range between ₹2 lakhs – ₹4 lakhs initially and extend up to ₹10 lakhs.
- Excellent career prospects: BBA in International Business offers several career choices for you to choose one. BBA graduates can work as International Operations Managers, International Human Resource Managers, Global Distribution Managers, Global Business Managers, etc.
BBA in International Business: Syllabus
BBA in International Business course duration is three years with a syllabus spread over six semesters. Below are the semester-wise BBA subjects:
BBA in International Business: First-year
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Business Mathematics||Indian System of Business|
|Micro Economics & Applications||Macro Economics & Applications|
|Computer Awareness – I||Computer Awareness – II|
|Management Foundation||Accounting – I|
|Economic Environment – I||Economic Environment – II|
|Fundamentals of International Business||Values & Ethics in International Business|
|Behavioral Science – I||Behavioral Science – II|
|Environmental Studies||Global Business Management|
|Foreign language – I French German Spanish Japanese Chinese||Foreign language – II French German Spanish Japanese Chinese|
BBA in International Business: Second-Year
|Semester 3||Semester 4|
|Business Statistics||Legal Framework of Business & Management|
|Financial Management – I||Financial Management – II|
|Database Management System||Principles of Marketing|
|Fundamentals of Marketing||System analysis & design|
|Accounting – II||International strategic management|
|Behavioral Science – III||Behavioral Science – IV|
|Foreign language – III French German Spanish Japanese Chinese||Foreign language – IV French German Spanish Japanese Chinese|
|Communication skills – I||Communication skills – II|
|International institutions & trade implications||International strategic management|
|Summer assignment – I (Evaluation)||Project management|
BBA in International Business: Third-Year
|Semester 5||Semester 6|
|Human Resource Management||Managerial Accounting|
|Computer Applications||Sales Management|
|Entrepreneurship Development||Export-Import Documentation and Logistics|
|International Marketing||Cross Cultural Management and Management of Multinational Companies|
|Taxation Laws and Practices||International Finance Management|
|Communication Skills-III||Communication Skills-IV|
|Behavioral Science-V||Behavioral Science- VI|
|Foreign Language V- French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish||Foreign Language VI- French, German, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish|
|Operation Research||E- Commerce and International Trade|
BBA in International Business: Admission Process
Admission to the BBA course is offered based on the candidate’s score in the entrance exam or based on the academic score. Here’s how you can get into BBA-IB:
- Entrance exam-based
Admission to BBA through entrance exams requires candidates to obtain the desired score by the college. The candidates who clear the cut-off marks are then called for counselling sessions. Once the seat is allotted, the candidate must visit the college and fulfil other admission process requirements. Some of the entrance exams for BBA admissions are DSAT (Dayanand Sagar Admission Test), CUET (Christ University Entrance Test), BUMAT (Bharati Vidyapeeth Undergraduate Management Aptitude Test), etc.
Merit-based admissions to BBA courses are based on the marks scored by the candidates in their 10+2. Candidates are required to check the merit list of desired colleges if they are eligible for admission to the course. If yes, they can visit the college and submit the required documents and fulfil other formalities.
BBA in International Business: Job Prospects
BBA in International Business offers a plethora of job opportunities in sectors such as:
- Logistic Companies
- Special Economic Zones
- State Trading Corporations
- Transportation Corporations
- Export Houses
- Custom Clearing Houses
- Shipping Companies
- IT Companies
Some of the jobs and BBA international business salary in India are as follows:
|Job Role||Average Salary (per annum)|
|Global Business Manager||₹5 lakhs|
|Export Manager||₹6.67 lakhs|
|International Logistics Manager||₹6.18 lakhs|
|International Brand Manager||₹10.77 lakhs|
|International Finance Manager||₹5.16 lakhs|
|International Human Resource Manager||₹4 lakhs|
BBA International Business Colleges in India
Due to the growing popularity of BBA International Business and demand for skilled professionals in the field, many colleges offer the course in India. Some of the top BBA colleges in India are as follows:
- Amity University, Noida
- LPU, Jalandhar
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Ajeenkya DY Patil University, Pune
- Christ University, Bangalore
- BVDU, Pune
- School of Management, Dr DY Patil University, Navi Mumbai
- JSS Academy of Higher Education and Research, Mysore
- Parul University, Vadodara
- DY Patil University, Mumbai
- Manav Rachna international institute of research and studies, Faridabad
- GD Goenka University, Gurgaon
- NIMS University, Jaipur
What are the Best Courses After BBA International Business?
After completing your BBA in International Business, you can pursue higher studies courses such as:
- Master in Business Administration
- Master in Financial Management
- Master in Retail Management
- Master in Marketing Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Global Business
- Postgraduate Diploma Programme in International Management
- Masters in Management Studies, etc.
BBA in International Business is an excellent choice for students who wish to excel in the global business field. The course offers various career choices with competitive salaries. But, before deciding to pursue BBA-IB, you must research the best BBA colleges, their admission process and eligibility criteria to avoid hassles. Also, make sure that the BBA college offers the Sunstone’s benefits.
Sunstone is an education service provider in India committed to helping you build the future you envision. By pursuing BBA from a college with the Sunstone campus, you can access 100+ hours of career-enhancing training modules and appear in at least 50 job interviews. You may avail of the Sunstone’s benefits in 50+ colleges across 30 Indian cities offering 100% placement assistance to registered students.