The use of online credit cards has seen increased popularity among Indians over the last few years. The reason is the convenience, security, and the various perks such as discounts, cashbacks, and gift vouchers offered by credit cards. Credit cards also allow you easy access to credit in case of emergencies, saving you the trouble of having to borrow money from external sources. It is recommended that to maintain a good credit score, you always clear your credit card dues in time. All credit cards come with a limit on the amount you can spend in a month. Once you exceed this limit, you cannot use your credit card till you clear your outstanding dues.
How to Apply for Credit Cards?
If you are thinking of applying for a new credit card, you can follow the below-mentioned steps for the quick issuance of a credit card.
- Go to the bank of your choice and interact with a credit card representative.
- List out the reasons for applying for a credit card. The representative will then check your credit score and income to know whether you would qualify for obtaining a credit card or not.
- After the verification process is complete, you can fill the credit card application form. Your card would be delivered to your registered address in a few days.
You need to keep certain documents such as identity proof, address proof, and income proof handy while applying for a credit card.
Alternatively, you can also apply for credit cards on portals such as Finserv MARKETS where you have the advantage of comparing the best features of various credit cards at one go. You can then opt for the one that best suits your needs. To apply for a credit card on Finserv MARKETS follow these simple steps.
- Log on to the Finserv MARKETS website www.bajajfinservmarkets.in.
- On the top menu, click on the “Cards” tab and from there select “Apply-Credit Cards”
- Enter your phone number, email ID, and date of birth to check your eligibility for various offers.
- Select the card of your choice from the wide range of options and click apply.
- Provide the KYC documents needed for verification.
And that’s it. You’re done.
Credit Card CVV Number
While making an online purchase using a credit card, you are often asked to provide details about the name on the card, expiry date, card number, etc. along with a 3 or 4 digit number before the payment can be processed. This number is called the CVV number.
CVV stands for Card Verification Value and is unique for each card that has ever been printed. Even if you save card details on a website for facilitating quicker checkout, your CVV won’t be saved and you need to add it every time you initiate a purchase.
With an increase in cashless transactions, instances of cyber frauds have also risen. CVV number was formulated as an effective shield against phishing attempts. It makes your online transaction using credit cards secure as the CVV number for each card is obtained using a precise algorithm and can not be easily misused.
Credit cards of different companies have the CVV number printed in different places. In the case of MasterCard and Visa, the CVV is printed on the back of the card. However, in the case of America Express, the number is printed on the front panel of the card.
Even though CVV protects your card against cyber fraud, there are instances when this protection can be breached. Therefore you should never leave your card unattended or discuss your credit card details with anyone. You should carry out purchases only on trusted sites. In case you notice any unauthorized transactions, you should immediately report this to your bank. As long as you follow these precautions, your credit card is perfectly safe and secure and you continue using it for all your needs.