Choosing the right type of bar stools for your business can be a little tricky, one of the most important things to consider is the height. You’ll need stools which fit your bar, if you get anything that is too small or too big, they’ll look a bit funny. Aside from looking out of place, they’ll also be uncomfortable for your patrons.
Here are some tips for choosing the right bar stools for your business.
Know the Difference
When shopping for bar stools, it is important to know the difference between a counter stool and a commercial bar stool. Although they look similar, they are two different items. One is used for you’re the kitchen while the other is used in restaurants, cafes and bars etc. If you are buying bar stools online, be sure to read the information below the image. It will give you the measurements, so you don’t make the mistake of buying the wrong stools for your bar.
Counter stools are usually smaller than bar stools, their average height is about 24”, they are designed for sitting at kitchen counters and not at bars. A bar stool is typically bigger than a counter stool and it is designed for support when sitting at a bar.
Tips for Taking Measurements
You should remember 2 main things when ordering bar stools online or at a furniture shop.
- Always remember to measure the height of your bar when choosing which bar stools to purchase for your business. You don’t want the wrong size, so measuring them before you order is vitally important. Measure from the floor to the top of your bar, make sure to hold the measuring tape firmly on the ground and take the size at least 3 times to ensure accuracy.
- Once you know the height of your bar, subtract roughly 10” off the top and you’ll have your stool height. This gives you and your customers plenty of room to sit at the bar without feeling cramped.
Assess the Area
Prior to ordering bar stools, you must evaluate your bar and the counter. Once you’ve finished taking measurements, you can then think about how many stools you’ll need. This will depend on the type of stools you wish to buy and how much space you have available. When assessing your bar, you must take many factors into consideration, these include:
- The amount of space each patron will have when sitting down.
- The amount of space they’ll have getting in and out of their seating area.
- The amount of room they’ll have when eating or drinking.
You want each customer to have enough room to enter and exit their seat without restriction, having enough room to eat and drink in comfort.
Finding the right size bar stool for your business doesn’t have to be difficult as long as you take some time to consider your options and measure your counter. There are plenty of good online furniture stores that specialise in bar stools, most offer a great selection of products at an affordable price.