SEO or Search Engine Optimization is one of the prime aspects of online marketing. No matter the niche, goals or type, every website needs SEO for getting the right kind of organic exposure. Of course, the first step for that is to find a company for the job.
Here are the steps you need to follow.
- Ask around. While you can always hire an offshore service, it is still wise to go for a local one. Ask your friends and industry colleagues about the kind of SEO agencies they have tried so far. Else, just look up online.
- Make a shortlist. If you want to compare companies for SEO Houston, you need at least three good names. Don’t rely on claims alone – check for reviews and what other clients have to say about their work.
- Evaluate their website. A good SEO agency should have a competent and well-ranked website. The norm is simple – if they cannot manage things for their own portal, how much can they really deliver on their promises?
- Be specific. Talk about your brand goals and requirements in detail. There are no shortcuts in SEO, and everything must be customized to match your website. It is important to have clear communication with the agency you are about to hire.
- Get an estimate. SEO requires a monthly budget, so having an estimate is really important. Make sure that the estimate is fair and covers most aspects of the work. If you are hiring the agency for other marketing work, get different quotes.
- Ask about their process. By now, you probably know that SEO is about link building, right use of content and keywords, but the process has to be organic and definite. Talk to SEO agencies to understand what they can really do and how they aim to achieve the same.
- Seek reports. Mere claims and good words don’t make sense in online marketing, which is a scalable process. Get reports at least once in a month to know what the company is doing and the changes in traffic and website performance.
Finally, look for agencies that don’t make big commitments. You cannot get on the top of Google search results in a week. As such, you need to give at least three months to a company to get sustainable results. Not to forget, it is important to check if the company can also handle other tasks related to marketing like PPC and social media.